Our commitment and approach to maintaining an accessible website
Kildare Leisure is committed to:
- Maintaining an accessible website. We state our commitment to this in our Customer Charter.
- Ensuring that this website achieves “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, to comply with the National Disability Authority‘s Code of Practice on Accessibility of Public Services and Information Provided by Public Bodies. (The National Disability Authority’s Centre for Excellence in Universal Design has an introduction to policy and legislation relevant to Universal Design in Ireland.)
- Ensuring that all new information on the website will achieve “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Including accessibility in any future procurement requests for 3rd-party systems or upgrades to existing systems.
Statement of the website’s conformance with official accessibility guidelines
We launched this version of the website in June 2010.
Areas for improvement and time-lines
We are aware of some areas on the website where we could improve accessibility. We are currently working to achieve this. We intend to maintain the website at “Level AA” standard to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
|Section of website||Need for improvement||Time-line for improvement||Alternative access|
|K Leisure Naas and K Leisure Athy||These pages should use a list instead of a layout table for the 6 links in the centre of the webpage||September 2011|
How to send feedback on this website’s accessibility
We welcome feedback on the accessibility of this website.
- E-mail our accessibility officer John O’Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at
K Leisure Naas
New Caragh Road
- Phone us on 045 881655
Accessibility features of this website
- Skip links are available on all pages to allow users to skip straight to the main content. This is helpful for users with screen readers so that they don’t have to listen to the links in the navigation being read every time they visit another page on the website.
- We used XHTML to structure this website and used CSS to present it making the website accessible to as many people as possible.
Building and Site Accessibility
- K Leisure buildings and car parks are designed specifically to comply with and exceed all the requirements outlined by the regulations embracing the concept of universal access
- Designated car parking spaces for people with disabilities are located adjacent to the main entrance. The car park is constantly monitored to ensure that only people with official permits avail of these spaces
- Tactile paving and dropped kerbing is installed on all pedestrian approaches to the building
- The reception desk is constructed with staggered counter heights and also incorporates an induction loop
- Accessible toilet areas fitted with alarm pull cords and safety rails are provided throughout the building. Each changing area is fitted with low level showers and seats with an additional two accessible toilets incorporating shower and baby change facilities
- Our changing areas, sauna and steam rooms are fully accessible with individual and family changing cubicles and shower rooms incorporated into the pool village change facilities. Low level large capacity lockers are provided for the dedicated usage of people with disabilities
- Accessible resistance and aerobic equipment designed by Technogym is provided in the gym
- Consultations may be booked with our fully trained staff members and an appropriate fitness program designed for individual needs
- All our classes are fully accessible and group classes in our aerobics studio and swimming pools may be arranged upon request
- Our swimming pools are equipped with a pool hoist and attachable mobile shower chair or stretcher trolley is available for people with disabilities
- All signage is designed to cater for visually impaired users with a Braille component incorporated into designated area signs. Our price lists and activity timetables are also available in Braille.
- All of our documents are available in large print format using plain English as standard
- We are operating a policy of continuous improvement with regard to the provision of services and are working closely with the National Disability Authority (NDA) to ensure that we meet the highest standards through ongoing staff training and self assessment programs
- We have applied for and are actively pursuing a number of awards issued by organizations representing people with disabilities and hope to gain further recognition for our efforts throughout 2011.
- Our disability officer is John O’ Connell who may be contacted by telephone at any of our centers or by e-mail at email@example.com
- K Leisure operates a policy of total inclusion and incorporates the principle of equal treatment into all aspects of service delivery
- Our services will be provided in an impartial and courteous manner with due regard for equality legislation
- We will pay particular attention to the avoidance of discrimination under the 9 grounds for discrimination identified by the Equality Authority
- We will make every effort to take account of any individual needs of our customers